Original Kitty Cot Instructions
First things first:
- Hook the suction cups with snap clips to the wires on the front of the Kitty Cot frame.
- Insert the two loose suction cups into the open ends of the Kitty Cot frame making sure they are all the way in.
- Find the window you’re going to attach the Kitty Cot to.
- Get out your window cleaner and clean that surface real well. Probably needs it huh?
- The suction cups are right from the factory and shouldn’t need cleaning, but you can wipe them off if you like.
- Hold the Kitty Cot level with both hands and push it to the glass so the suction cups seat themselves.
- With one hand holding the perch level, attach the suction cups on the cables to the window glass above the perch.
- You might want to lay your cats’ favorite blanket on the perch. You’re done and it’s that easy!
- Take a few pictures of your kitties on their new Kitty Cot and email them to us for our website.
Other things to think about:
- Don’t attach the Kitty Cot to broken or cracked glass or glass you think might be faulty.
- The frame is made of lightweight PVC. Don’t put above a heater, near open flame, or in a super hot window location because this may deform the frame. Your cat may love the heat but be reasonable.
- When you put the Kitty Cot on a window with a chair or couch in front of it, make sure it is well above head height when you sit down or you might hit your head on it… I’ve tried this and hit the back of my head… It hurts!
- Don’t put the Kitty Cot so high up that you’ll fall attaching it or your cat gets hurt from trying to get up to it or down from it.
- Never ever put a small child, big child or yourself in the Kitty Cot. If we made it for humans, we would have named it the “Kiddy Cot”. It’s for domestic cats not people!
- If any of your other domestic pets like and want to use the Kitty Cot, they should be the size of a domestic cat only.
- Don’t hang anything on the Kitty Cot except maybe a lightweight cat toy.
- Don’t put candles on the Kitty Cot or expose it to flames or fire.
- The Kitty Cot is designed for one or two average size domestic cats: not three and not ten.
- Inspect the Kitty Cot often and make sure the suction cups are well secured.
- Don’t put the Kitty Cot over sharp, breakable or expensive objects.
- The Kitty Cot attaches with suction cups so it will attach on most smooth non-porous surfaces.
- The Kitty Cot works outside too and is pretty much water and weather resistant.
- You can wash the Kitty Cot in a bathtub or sink and even outside on the deck with a hose and scrub brush.
- The Kitty Cot uses no glue in its assembly, so if you really want to disassemble it you can.
- If the Kitty Cot frame shifts or twists after time, take it down and lay on a flat surface. Hold one side down and pull up on the opposite side corner until it lays flat.
- Put your cat’s favorite blanket on the Kitty Cot to create a soft bed.
- Hang a light cat toy from the top suction for fun
- Hang a Kitty Cot on all the windows of your house and give them away as gifts!
- Disclaimer – We use what we think are absolutely the best USA Made Suction Cups for the Kitty Cot made by Adams Manufacturing. That said, the nature of suction cups in general is that they occasionally disengage from glass surfaces. The best thing you can do as the owner of your Kitty Cot(s) is to daily check and make sure that the suction cups are well secured to the glass. It is up to you to check the suction cups regularly and replace them if they have extensive wear. We accept no responsibility for injuries or damage to windows, pets, animals, people and things. If you are concerned about mounting the Kitty Cot(s) on your window(s) for any reason even window warranties then we recommend you buy or use a different cat perch that does not mount on windows with suction cups. Thanks and Enjoy!
8 Tips on Using Suction Cups
The care and use of suction cups is very simple.
- Make sure the suction cup is clean and free from debris.
- If the suction cup needs to be cleaned, wash in warm soapy water then dry gently with a lint-free cloth.
- Clean the surface you are applying the suction cup to. It won’t adhere well to a dirty surface.
- To enhance suction, a tiny dab of Vaseline or cooking oil may be rubbed on the rim of the cup.
- Press the cup all the way down, against the surface.
- The suction cup may need to be “burped” periodically by pressing down on it to remove any air that may have seeped in.
- Temperature and humidity variations may make a suction cup lose its grip. If bonded above 40 degrees Fahrenheit the cup will provide the most reliable service from -22 degrees to 120 degrees Fahrenheit .
- To remove the cup, simply pull up on the release tab to break the suction.